Fundraising Activities -
If you are interested in volunteering in The Gambia, you will be expected to meet the costs of your travel and accommodation.
Several fundraising activities and events are planned throughout the year to raise the funds needed.
- Could you sell tickets?
- Assist at events?
- Encourage friends and family to come along
Are you planning a personal challenge, for example, run a marathon, complete the Three Peaks Challenge or jump from an aeroplane? Why not choose Project Gambia as your nominated charity.
We would be delighted if you could run an event on behalf of Project Gambia in your school, workplace or community. Should you require any support please get in touch. We have display boards, banners, leaflets, sponsor forms, collection buckets that you could use.
Collection of Resources
Could you encourage your family, friends and colleagues to donate
Do you have a van/vehicle that could be used for collections?
Could you offer time to help us with collections or the recycling of donations?
- Clothing and shoes?
- Garden or workshop tools (hand powered only)?
- Bicycles, helmets, puncture repair kits, inner tubes, pumps?
- Educational toys, books, stationery, arts and crafts resources, and classroom furniture?
- Health resources i.e. first aid supplies, wheelchairs, reading spectacles?
- Sports equipment i.e. balls, hoops, bats, ropes, football shirts/strips?
- Items suitable for raffles or tombolas?
How about organising a collection point for wanted items in your workplace or in your spare room/garden shed?
In Gambia we have established positive working relationships with a number of organisations and community groups and consequently we are able to offer volunteering placements in a range of different areas:-
- Teaching in nursery, primary or secondary schools
- Working with children and young people (sports, arts, drama, music, play)
- Hands on practical projects i.e. building, renovating, decorating, landscaping
- Environmental projects
- Health projects
- Peer education
There may be opportunities to combine volunteering placements with personal interests and hobbies, for example, activities that involve photography, cycling, football could be incorporated into the itinerary alongside placement activities.